Friday, May 05, 2006

I Read Dumb People

It's come to my attention that I've recently been de-listed by a few folks, for reasons which are entirely their own.

Hey, fair fucks to them. I suppose there is a casue for it beyond merely engaging in some sort of juvenile pissing contest, or popularity rankings, but I'm really not 100% sure and I don't really care. Whatever the case may be, it has happened.

My reaction to the whole thing: Oh.

I mean, am I supposed to be upset or insulted by this turn of events? Shall I engage in some sort of vengeance by following suit and removing them (if I have them listed) from my links section? I'll admit to more than a little confusion about the appropriate course of action since blogging is very low on my list of priorities. Right below cleaning excess wax from my ears, and above sweeping behind the refrigerator. So, tell me - what is the proper way to react?

My instinct is to do nothing other ponder the withertos and whyfores. But then again, I really don't care enough to mount anything more than an acknowledgment that at one point someone thought enough of my postings to have a link, but their mind has changed. And I understand that. I really do. I mean, on more than one occasion I've adjusted my link section as well; adding those I find entertaining or thought-provoking while removing those I find insipid, juvenile, self-indulgent or just plain boring. It's not personal, it's just opinion.

I guess blogging really is just another social structure - complete with cliques, ostracizing, alliances, rejection, and the like. And, much like the real world, it seems some folks really do take this far too seriously, and I may fall into that trap as well. Perhaps Snot Rag was right after all, eh?

So, if any of you now feel compelled to delist me, I understand. No hard feelings, etc etc etc. And if you don't see your site in that column on the right of this post, well, it's not you, it's me.

Besides, to paraphrase Groucho, would you really want to belong to a club in which a monkey would want to have you as a member?

Ook ook

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that wasn't a rhetorical question on what is the proper way to react...if you still like reading their offerings and think others will as well, then leave them linked. If it was just a reciprocal thing, then 86 'em.
OR...ignore the whole shebang and carry on as always.

If it was a rhetorical question, then forget you read this comment.
But I still want an answer to the comment in the entry before the coffee entry...the loyalty thing.

Tim said...

Hey, U R still linked to me! Come on over once in a while

Shiny Blue Black said...

Popularity is over-rated.

So is updating blogs, according to me.

HAHA

Bumiputra.

The Fez Monkey said...

beelers: I now feel totally validated. You like me - you really like me.

Lunatic: You are an inquisitive soul, aintcha? Questions such as yours are best explored in person over some beer.

Monk: I bet that rant of yours is almost hilarious with your brougue.

Tim: I stop by ... I just am not certain how to respond to drawings. Although, I find your excuse regarding CA's shield to be petty and unacceptable.

Bowel: "So is updating blogs, according to me."

Me too. Evidently some of the more regimented and serious listing types tend to belive that this is a very important criteria.

Good for them!

Ookity-Bumiputra-Ook!

PS: Glad to see you are still kicking.

Tim said...

U R right Fez, I am worthless and weak! I will strive to improve my freehand circle drawing to master my subject material in the future (LOL).

You don't have to critique my artwork (feel free, however), but throw out some subjects! Inspire me.

O' Tim said...

Just running a check on what I assume are the FM's priorities in life:

1. Eat
2. Sleep
3. Work
4. Fling poop
5. yadda
6. yadda
7. yadda
8. Clean wax from ears
9. blog
10. clean behind fridge

You sir, are a well-rounded individdell

Anonymous said...

Come on, Monkey Boy! I know your mind is more fertile than this.

Tim said...

Really! Joe is right. Where is the witty commentary? Has elvis left the building?