Friday, September 29, 2006

A couple of 50's

Evidently the new rage is in trying to write little stories in 50 words or so. I'm game. Here are a couple of tries.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
One of my best friend’s daughters
got married recently at sunset on the beach of Coronado Island.

There I was: an old, ugly guy in the middle of this crowd of fresh-faced, attractive, young people, on this beautiful beach.

I now feel a bit guilty for ruining their view.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

To the guy with the manicured hair, the designer sunglasses, and the expensive tie in the big, and black, and shiny, and new BMW, that almost hit me as I was crossing the street.

I’m sorry I interrupted your phone call.

4 comments:

Paula said...

I'm partial to the BMW story.

Anonymous said...

We used to do those in the WBM forums, except I think the magic number was 84, for some unknown reason. Actually it was on contest form and I actually won one--something to do with a stripper and chasing prosac w/Bombay Sapphire gin.
Good brain exercise, no actual prize. I was robbed--the bastards.

O' Tim said...

I like!

Shiny Blue Black said...

Asshole!

How dare you interrupt! He could have been on the verge of saving the world!

Acknowledge the importance of slick men in expensive cars!

What is one puny life versus world peace and an end to hunger?

Now we are all doomed.

Or he could have been ordering coffee.